lördag 19 maj 2012

MDUC: Make your own embellishment


Hi everyone!

A new challenge is going live tonight over at Magnolia down under and I must admit I thought it was going to be somewhat of a toughie ;) Let me tell you all about it: we want you to really get your creative juices flowing and make an embellishment of your own and add it to your creation. If you pop on over to the challenge blog we have listed some nice options if you like me struggle a tad bit ;) That´s also where you NEED to go to see the stunning creations my teamies has made for this week! Don´t miss out!

However! This challenge was just what I needed :) I can use some help every now and then to think outside the box. One of the things you can chose to make is a handmade flower of some sort. Since we are soon expecting another little family member I have been going through all of the stuff we have left since Signe was a baby. I´m separating the still wants from the to throw aways and am doing loads of laundry. One of the things that ended up in the throw away pile was a bed sheet that I have no idea as to why we kept because it was filled with stains and spots that can´t be washed off. Between it landing in the throw away pile and it leaving my picky hands I got an idea as to what I wanted to make! I saved a piece of the fabric and used some medium on it that is used for strenghtening shirt collars to try to gain some stability. It worked great so I simply used my scissors and cut out a bigger shape that I liked. To finish off my flower I used a punch from Nellie Snellen that makes etches in paper to try it on my flower of fabric. Worked like a charm! So now that I knew it was doable I chose a piece of the bedlinen that was colored in both pink and yellow and redid it all again. So that flower was the start of my whole card this week, at least the colorscheme I chose to work with. Intressting way to start off!

Besides this flower I have used a charm, pearls, shabby chic frame from MF, sentimentstamp, scene stamp and Tilda stamp that I bought at the Magnolia store in Borås. The sentiment is stamped with di color Vintage photo onto Wellum (a lovely idea I once saw on a card that my cute friend Lillemor from Lillemors Magnolior had done on her creation) The rest of the flowers are from WOC and as always my stamps are colored with di´s on 300 g watercolorpaper. The card is folded into what my teamie at MDUC, dear Denise calls an easel step card. At least thats where I saw it first. Love those! All edges are sewn and has been smuttred with di crackle paint picket fence :)

Today has been a busy, busy day ;) Our little daughter turns five on tuesday and she has celebrated today togheter with her cute, cute friends! This year we were not at home, we decided to leave it up to someone else to plan and organise everything and Signe wanted the peeps at Leos indoorplayland to arrange it all. So that was the way the cookie crumbled. She chose the jungle room where the lighting was a bit off but I just have to show you this cute picture of our little birthday girl! I feel rediciously proud of the little girl she´s growing into. She is sooo good!











Thank you all so much for checking in with me!
Big hugs!

13 kommentarer:

  1. WOW !!!!!
    every details so wow !!!!

    SvaraRadera
  2. HI Louise!!! Let me first start off by saying Happy Birthday to your little cutie patootie!!! She is DARLING!!! Awww .. 5 years old .. sigh .. I know how you feel. My little boy is 5 too .. and they grow SO fast right?! Like where did the time go? I thought I was just rocking and burping him yesterday! lol!!! It looks like your little gorgeous girl had a wonderful time at her jungle birthday party .. she is such a doll!!!

    Now on to your creation! Wowwwweeeee!!! This is INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS!!! The colors reminds me of a perfect sunset that we'd have back in Hawaii and your entire scenery of this is wow wow FABULOUS!!!! Your details .. gosh good gracious .. AMAZING work my dear! I love it as always!

    I hope you are feeling well and taking things easy. :)

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    SvaraRadera
  3. HOLY MOLY!!! WOOOOW!!! Kortet är ju som en ren sagodröm Pigan!! Jösses vilka detaljer du får till!!
    Signe såg minsann ut att trivas på tronen...=)

    Kramen

    SvaraRadera
  4. Happy Birthday to your Daughter, I hope she has a wonderful day, Stunning card, I like the design, the gorgeous Tilda and all the lovely embellishments,
    Kevin xx

    SvaraRadera
  5. Well hello there proud Mama!!! Happy Birthday Signe!!! Looks like she had a great time!
    Your card is so cheerful, it looks like the weather we are having right now and I LOVE IT!!! What a breath of fresh air this card is! Just makes me smile!!! Gorgeous coloring as usual my friend!!!
    Can't wait to hear all about the new baby!! Keep me posted PLEASE!!! Take care Louise!!!
    Dena

    SvaraRadera
  6. Vilket underbart härligt kort i så härlig färg!

    Ha en toppen vecka, vännen!

    KRAM SUSY

    SvaraRadera
  7. Louise this is just amazing and such great detail! Chanelle xx

    SvaraRadera
  8. Halloj Louise!
    Ett stort grattis till din lilla sötnos, ser ut som hon hade en toppen födelsedag! Imorgon fyller även min tös 5 år. :) Tiden går såååå fort!!
    Vilket underbart kort du gjort (som vanligt)!! Älskar färgerna och ditt fina upplägg!
    Ljuvliga stämplar!!
    Önskar dig en fin dag! Kram, Tess.

    SvaraRadera
  9. Just Beautiful, I love it,Hugs Allie

    SvaraRadera
  10. Lika vackert, fint och väl gjort som vanligt.
    Jag har en blogg candy just nu, hoppa över till mig om du vill vara med.
    Många Kramar Louise

    SvaraRadera
  11. Hi sweetie! Firstly, sorry for taking so long to get around to your gorgeous blog - it's been one of those weeks!! Secondly, what a gorgeous photo of Signe! Looks like she's having great fun at her party! and Thirdly - WOW!!! WOW!!!! OMG this card is breathtaking!! I love the colours you've used to paint the sun - soooo pretty and the sparkle on it is so gorgeous! Love your handmade flower, that is so gorgeous as are all of your amazing details!! I love it all! big hugs, Jane xxx

    SvaraRadera
  12. Lojsan min vän... För att tala klarspråk O.M.G!!!! Vilket kort... WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Det är helt fantastiskt!! Färgläggningen är perfekt och alla detaljer är heeeeelt underbara!!! Och lillgumman sen... Vilken gobit!! Märks att hon är lik sin mamma... :-D Hoppas prinsessa nr 2 brås på storasyster...

    Kramkram
    Linda

    SvaraRadera
  13. Som alltid..utrolig vakkert, delikat, shabby chic, og nydelig samstemte farger og pynt♥!!:) Gratulerer med den vakre jenta di, som skinner så nydelig...akkurat som den flotte solen du har laget♥♥!:)Takk for masse herlig inspirasjon..er ikke såå flink til å "legge igjen visittkortet mitt, men..er innom stadig og suger til meg tips og inspirasjon♥!
    Ønsker deg en deilig og kreativ dag;)
    Klem, Ellen

    SvaraRadera

Please leave a comment, that would make me thrilled :)
XOXO ♥